Bank Where You Come First
The business model First Community created a decade ago succeeded because it responded to a need in the communities we serve. From Burr Ridge to Joliet, our bankers are committed to enhancing their skills, embracing new technology and maintaining our tradition of one-on-one service.
Deeply Engrained in Our Communities
As one bank with six locations, our bankers contribute their time, talent and treasure by actively participating in organizations, events and programs that help the people who live and work in their community.
We Respond to Customer Needs
As a result of our technology upgrade, all our clients can have access to the latest online banking and security features, as well as our Mobile Banking site. We continue to invest in people and technology that respond to the ever-changing personal, professional and commercial needs of our clients.
Remaining True to Our Mission
Our value proposition remains rooted in the skilled, experienced bankers who deliver long-term, added value to every First Community client. The future offers unprecedented opportunity to bring a uniquely positive and personal banking experience to individuals and businesses throughout our communities.
- A feasibility study confirms a need for a true community bank in Joliet
- Founding investors contribute $7 million and apply for a charter in Joliet
- First Community Bank of Joliet completes one of the most successful stock offering by a new bank in Illinois history, raising $18 million
- Overwhelming support enables First Community Bank of Joliet to achieve profitability after only 12 months
- First Community Bank of Joliet opens new headquarters at Black Road and Infantry Drive
- A second stock offering raises $12.5 million in additional capital
- Additional branches are opened in Channahon and Naperville
- A branch opens in Plainfield, to later be acquired by First Community Bank of Plainfield upon issuance of charter
- A branch is established in Homer Glen, to be acquired by First Community Bank of Homer Glen/Lockport upon issuance of charter
- An organizing group is formed and applies for a bank charter in Burr Ridge
- Both First Community Bank of Homer Glen/Lockport and First Community Plainfield complete initial stock offerings and receive bank charters
- Organizers in Burr Ridge receive permit to organize and launch initial stock offering
- Channahon branch of First Community Bank of Joliet begins serving Morris, Channahon and Minooka
- Burr Ridge Bank and Trust opens its doors and becomes profitable in 9 months
- First Community Bank of Plainfield opens permanent home on Route 30
- Channahon branch expands into its permanent home on Bell Road in Channahon
- First Community Bank of Homer Glen/Lockport opens permanent home at 13901 S. Bell Road
- First Community Financial Partners begins process of merging its non-wholly owned banking subsidiaries and SEC registration as a public company
- Naperville branch of First Community Bank of Joliet expands to larger facility in Naperville Plaza
- A merger of the sister banks and SEC registration of First Community Financial Partners common shares are completed
- The resulting, wholly-owned consolidated bank is First Community Financial Bank, with 6 locations and assets in excess of $900 million
News & Headlines
Mortgage Lenders Join First Community Financial Bank
Mary Bazan and Lynda Reilly, formerly of One Mortgage, Inc. and LynMar Lending Group, Inc., have been appointed Senior Vice Presidents of Mortgage Lending at First Community Financial Bank and will lead the bank’s mortgage lending team.